Los Angeles | Tujunga
$149 per hour
Responds within an hour
Iconic mid-century modern 1954 house by world-renowned Case Study architect Pierre Koenig
This masterfully crafted property was designed in 1954 by world-renowned Case Study architect Pierre Koenig, who was one of the most influential mid-century modern architects of his time. Koenig eventually became an international design-star with his Case Study House #21 in 1958, the "Bailey House", and in 1959 with CSH #22, the "Stahl House", probably LA's most famous residency.
A rare gem tucked away in the hills north of Los Angeles, this early work of Koenig's architectural legacy was his fourth house and commissioned by the Scott family. In 2014, the new owners bought the severely maintenance deferred house and land from the original owner, Aurora Scott, and thoroughly restored it to its former glory and according to Koenig's original plans. It represents the golden age of mid-century modern architecture and features visionary & colorful interior design, sensitively preserved half a century after its conception.
Location available for: events, meetings, productions (film & video shoots, photo shoots, filmed interviews, etc.) and pop-ups.
*Please note the listed $99/hr BASE RATE applies for groups up to 4 people [ideal for still/photo shoots & filmed interviews]. If your group exceeds 4 guests, the price/hour increases accordingly. From 5-12 people the cost is $119/hour. All groups 13+ people cost $129/hour. Please send details in your inquiry so we can provide you with a custom quote. Maximum capacity is 25 people.
- Interior: 1600 sq. ft home
- Exterior: spacious outdoor lounge in the backyard with modern furnishings & lush landscaping, as well as covered patio seating around the perimeter of the house
- Plenty of natural light through floor-to-ceiling windows & glass doors - Hardwood & stone floors, a variety of textured walls in every room
- Handpicked art deco & luxury furniture [can be moved/removed upon request] - Site manager will be available to assist with questions throughout your booking
*We're located in a private canyon with no neighbors, which makes this an ideal location for overnight shoots without noise restrictions.
PARKING & LOAD-IN Private driveway is available for easy load-in/out, and can accommodate up to 5 vehicles. Ample free street parking available for additional cast/crew vehicles.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR RENTING THIS SPACE
Initial contact with the home owner: please include the following in your message:
a) brief summary of your production
b) total number of cast and crew/guests
c) desires date(s) and hours
d) any other special needs or questions.
1) Booked hours include load-in/load-out, set up, and tear-down. First person in, last person out. Overtime availability is not guaranteed. No refunds for any unused time.
2) An additional insurance/"Certificate of Liability" (COI) is required for every shoot/production/activity.
3) Every participating person has to sign a "Waiver & Release of Liability Agreement" prior to the planned shoot/production/activity.
4) Every company/booking party has to sign a “Walkthrough & Condition-of-no-damage Agreement" prior to any shoot/production/activity to confirm the pristine condition of the house's interior and exterior.
5) Production companies have to file in time for the film permit.
6) Any vendors brought in must present valid permits.
7) Furniture and delicate items can only be moved by the home owner upon request.
8) No children under 6 years allowed for any shoot or production. Minors 6-17 have to get a written approval by their parents/legal guardian.
9) No smoking or eating inside the house.
10) Home owner will take care of trash of parties up to 10 people. Above that number, each booking party has to take their own trash with them.
11) Shoots/productions/activities that require additional lighting and electric equipment have to bring their own generators in order to avoid circuit breakdowns.
12) Scouting/visits: one initial scout/visit may be arranged prior to booking. Additional scouts/visits may be arranged once a booking is approved. All scouts/visits are subject to availability (usually early morning) and are subject to re-scheduling. A tour/scout visit is 30 minutes max. and available from Monday - Friday 9am-6pm only, based on availability.
13) The clean-up fee is $95 for every production/shoot/event up to 12 people. For productions with teams larger than 12 people, the cleaning fee is $150.
14) Cancellations and rescheduling are subject to our policy.
15) Stunts and other planned dangerous activities must receive prior permission in writing by home owner.
16) Overtime: Additional time is be billed at 1.5x the hourly rate, billed in 30 minute increments. Crew/talent/guests, and equipment must be out of the entire premises by the end of your booked hours to avoid overtime charges.
17) Prohibited: The following items are prohibited: feathers, glitter, confetti, sand, wedding rice, flour, paint, aerosol spray cans, fireworks, weapons of all sorts, small particle items that are difficult to clean, non-water based fog machines, non-water based fake blood, fire of any kind (candles etc) and other items deemed unacceptable by the owner (when in doubt, please ask). An additional extensive clean up fee starting at $500 will be charged for violations to restore the house and premises and for downtime. Drilling holes into the walls, ceiling and doors is prohibited (no screws, hooks or anchors); only 3M command strips (double-sided tape) is allowed on the walls and must be fully removed. No duct tape, only gaffers or painters tape. Damage fees apply.
18) House is not available for film, video or photo shoots for adult movies, porn, xxx or other sex related productions. Also, it is not available for any satanic/witchcraft groups, other spiritual organizations as well as radical politic parties etc.
19) Due to the CORONA/COVID-19 virus, the owners request from every team member to wear a face mask and latex gloves during the entire shoot. Exceptions are the talent, who can take their mask off during the actual photo or film shoot. Owner has the right to cancel any shoot immediately if the renting party won't comply to these rules. Also, every renting party and team member/talent has to sign a CORONA/COVID-19 virus liability waiver which guarantees that the owner can not be sued for any possible infection of any of the attending crew/team members or talents. Everyone signing this waiver is aware of the possible infection risk during this pandemic and thereafter - and holds the owner/Nikolaus Kraemer and Heather van Haaften non-liable.