$89 per hour
Responds within an hour
One of the most exciting lofts in Los Angeles, our home photography studio is just 2 miles from Venice Beach and has a modern Bohemian style that is perfect for your next film production, photoshoot, event, or off-site.
I am a commercial photographer by trade and I designed our loft (which doubles as my photography studio) to be easily customizable to fit a variety of purposes.
We offer 40 white fold up chairs for use at no additional charge, as well as five 8-foot white banquet tables, for events such as off-sites, workshops, meetings and formal dinners.
Our decor is a perfect fusion of Moroccan décor and bleeding edge smarthome technology, via Alexa. Everything from the vertical blinds to the television, projector, dozens of lights and the music are controlled with simple voice commands. It’s straight out of a science fiction movie!
Our studio is a very spacious 2300 square feet, with beautiful polished concrete floors and several hundred feet of private outdoor patio space, with tall bamboo plants and outdoor patio furniture. Each room has custom lighting and is tastefully decorated with lightweight, beautiful contemporary furniture that is easy to restyle (or hide completely) within minutes.
The main downstairs area is a massive open layout with 16 foot high walls and floor-to-ceiling windows that allows for easy lighting setup. The afternoon natural light is positively angelic in every room and, speaking as a photographer myself, photoshoots are an absolute joy here.
There is a large home office with sliding frosted glass doors that works remarkably well for a makeup room and wardrobe changing area. Several commercial productions and short films have even utilized the office as a green room for talent.
The kitchen is an open concept, modern kitchen with a rolling kitchen island that can be easily pushed out of the way to make additional room. Our kitchen has been used for several Internet cooking shows, as well as commercial lifestyle projects.
Our large private patio has amazing 25’ tall bamboo plants and patio furniture, perfect for portrait or fashion photography. The patio wraps around our entire loft, which makes it an ideal staging area. Every room in our loft may be lit from outside via the patio.
The upstairs lounge has a 4K HD projector with a 100” motorized projection screen, which is wonderful for hosting private screenings. Just say “Alexa, turn on the projector”. There is also a gorgeous rattan daybed with a Moroccan themed cushion, Indoor plants and foliage and modular sofa pieces that may be reconfigured to create chairs, couches, loveseats or sectionals.
The master bedroom is large enough for multiple crew members, talent and lighting. In the afternoons, it is bathed in a romantic, soft bright natural light and is decorated with a unique low profile platform bed and custom smart lighting.
Productions: Our studio is a popular spot for still and video photographers and has many options for shooting. I am a commercial photographer by trade and my wife is a makeup artist, so we know what looks good on camera and designed our space with pictures and video in mind.
We also have grip equipment (light stands, clamps) that can be used at no charge, as well as optional Paul Buff Einstein strobes that may be optionally reserved.
STUDIO RENTAL RULES
Welcome to our space! Our names are Deacon, Sarah and Maria and we’re completely relaxed and friendly folks. This studio is not only our place of business, but also our home. At least one of us will be on-site during rentals to assist you with questions or concerns, but we do our best to stay out of your way and give you space. If you need anything, please send a text to 213-453-6991.
Below are a list of rules that will make your time with us that much smoother and enjoyable!
- Our building is quiet, with working professionals and residences. Our building has a zero tolerance for noise disturbances such as loud music, partying, screaming, stomping on the stairs/railings, etc. To avoid interruption of your rental, please be respectful of our home and our neighbors.
- For your protection and for ours, there are 11 security cameras recording video and audio to cloud servers. Blocking, disabling, unplugging or tampering with the cameras will immediately end your rental. If a camera plug or wire is interfering with your production, come speak to one of us and we can relocate it. There are no cameras in the restrooms and we recommend using them for changing.
- We require a detailed call sheet for all productions, which should include a list of talent and crew, as well as which areas are being used at roughly which times. This helps us to understand your needs and make accommodations for your production (such as where to put the cats, removing our personal items, etc).
- Your rental end time is your departure time and is a ‘hard out’, meaning that the last person should be leaving at your rental end time. Because of this, we recommend beginning your cleanup at least 30 minutes in advance. Overtime is billed in 30-minute increments at a 1.5x rate and is not guaranteed, as we may have something else scheduled.
- Your load in and load out must have no impact on our neighbors and surrounding businesses. Equipment must be brought directly to our space, with no staging in the common areas such as the courtyard. Quiet voices must be used.
- You are welcome to move anything, but please don't just grab pieces without asking. We have many fragile decor pieces and we must have an understanding in advance (before your shooting date) if you are planning on moving things around or redecorating, as proper steps must be taken to protect our pieces. All pieces must be covered with soft blankets and placed in an area of our choosing (or placed into temporary storage) in order to prevent damage. If you do not have the means to protect them, then they must not be moved.
- If you unplug something, PLUG IT BACK IN WHEN YOU ARE DONE. Likewise, be careful about what you unplug; there are three white Google wifi routers, several Alexa Echo units and several security cameras which may not be unplugged.
- Do not jump on our furniture.
- Cabinets, drawers and the contents within are off limits, as they contain our personal property. If your filming requires the use of cabinets, we must be made aware of this before your filming dates so that we can make accommodations.
- For larger film productions (with crews of 5 or more) you may cover high traffic areas (that aren’t being filmed) with mats, or wear slipcovers on your shoes.
- Proof of insurance is required for all events and productions with more than five people. We recommend low cost daily insurance at https://www.theeventhelper.com , which covers all events, photoshoots and filming.
- All activities must be kept inside of our loft, or on the patio. The common areas of the building (courtyard, pool, gym, etc) may not be used for filming, staging or storing equipment. If this rule is violated, your rental will end immediately.
- You may not place any signage anywhere outside of our suite (on the building, in the elevator or other common areas).
- The following streets have free street parking: Redwood, Maxella, Hager, Sunnyside, Ida, Tivoli, Michael, Alla. All but one side of Redwood, Sunnyside and part of Ida have unlimited free parking. We have never seen a time when these streets don’t have ample parking, but please be aware that we have no control over parking availability.
- High speed Internet is provided as a courtesy, but please be aware that we can’t control Internet outages. Traffic is monitored, so please do not download illegal content.
- No speakers and amps aside from those already in the unit are allowed.
- Confetti, glitter, smoke, fog, feathers or other small particulates are not allowed
- Do not sit or stand on coffee tables, end tables, countertops, the dining table, or the kitchen island.
- The bathroom is upstairs and to your left
- By the time your rental ends, the location should be exactly as it was when you arrived. We charge a flat $500 cleaning fee plus damages for all instances of rubbish and dirt.
- Please do not leave the front door standing open unless you are loading/unloading.
- You’re responsible for the conduct of your guests. We don’t tolerate disrespectful comments, pornography or hard drug use. If we feel that our safety is at risk, then we will end the rental.
- For religious reasons, no ‘occult’ (witchcraft, Ouija, tarot, crystals, etc) activities are permitted.
- Always use coasters (or a plate) for your drinks on the wood tables and please do not do makeup on the wood tables.
- Our computer workstation is off limits, as well as any phones or tablets of ours.